Last night I opened my wordpress app to find I had been nominated for the Liebster award by the lovely craftypalooza. If you don’t know it is an award that only new bloggers can be nominated for by other bloggers. It is a great way to introduce new bloggers to the book blogging world and allows for lots of new blogs to be seen and read.
Lots of thanks to craftypalooza for nominating me and reading my blog! Hopefully you all check out their blog above and their Liebster award nomination here (https://craftypalooza.wordpress.com/2014/08/29/i-have-been-nominated/)
- Link and thank the person who nominated your blog.
- Answer the questions they asked you.
- Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
- Ask them eleven questions.
- Let them know by commenting on one of their posts.
The Questions that I was asked were:
1. Why did you start your blog?– Because I had so many thoughts in my head I just had to share them all 🙂
2. Fiction or Non-Fiction? Fiction mostly but I will read non-fiction occasionally.
3. Book you’ve read so many times the spine has been broken multiple times? Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, it is by far my favourite Harry Potter book as well as Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins from The Hunger Games Trilogy. I re-read them all the time!
4. How many books did you read this summer? List them.– This is a long list but here goes 🙂
- The Breadwinner by Deborah Ellis
- Split Second by Kasie West
- Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan
- One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Fantastical Beasts and Where To Find Them by J.K Rowling
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare (TMI Series)
- The Iliad by Homer
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare (TMI Series)
- Before I Die by Jenny Downham
- Before I Go To Sleep by S.J Watson
- Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare (TID Series)
- Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (TID Series)
- Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare (TID Series)
- City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (TMI Series)
- The Prince by Kiera Cass (The Selection Series oneshot)
- The Elite by Kiera Cass (The Selection Series)
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Flowers In The Attic by V.C Andrews
- The One by Kiera Cass (The Selection Series)
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
- Looking For Alaska by John Green
- The Guard by Kiera Cass (The Selection oneshot)
5. Author you read every work of and loved? I’m going to say Cassandra Clare, I have loved every single book she has published and I am counting down the days till her next is published.
6. Do you read graphic novels? I don’t intentially go out and buy them but if my friends have one then I will read them.
7. Do do use a bookmark or just a random piece of paper or do you *GASP* dogear? Bookmarks and random pieces of paper, whatever is nearest to me. I just can’t think about doearing a book *Shudders*
8. What are your top 10 favorite books/series?-
- Pivot Point Series by Kasie West
- Divergent Series by Veronica Roth
- The Infernal Devices Series by Cassandra Clare
- One Breath Away by Heather Gudenkauf
- The Mortal Instruments Series By Cassandra Clare
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K Rowling
- Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
9. What sequel was a big letdown? Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan, don’t get me wrong I liked most of the book and I so much wanted to love it but by the end I was just not getting it at all.
10. How old were you when you got a library card? This is a tale- I was very young and used to go to the library with my gran all the time and got books off of her card but eventually when I was… I’ll say nine, can’t quite remember… I got my own children’s one.
11. What book could you not finish, if any? The Kite Runner by Khaled Houisinni, this was one of the most hard-hitting, thought-provoking books I have ever tried to read and I just couldn’t finish it.
Here are the blogs I nominate: They are all amazing! I could only get eight so here are eight blogs that I love to read…
Miserable and Magical http://kayleighm8.wordpress.com/
A String of Sensations http://stringofsensations.wordpress.com/
Girl In The Pages http://girlinthepages.com/
A Pen For A Sword http://writingktgrant.wordpress.com/
Candy’s Bookcase http://candysbookcase.wordpress.com/
Have You Read… http://booknerdreads.wordpress.com/
Let Your Voice Be Nerd http://letyourvoicebenerd.com/
My Questions For My Nominations:
1. When did you first realize that you loved reading?
2. Have you ever read a book that made you so distraught that you couldn’t even think about reading again for a while? If so what is it?
3. Favourite Genre to read?
4. What book have you read the most?
5. Favourite character in a book that was not the main character?
6. A book that made you laugh?
7. Do you prefer reading a book or reading an e-book?
8. The author you would most like to meet and why?
9. What is your favourite pet from a book?
10. Name a book that you have read because you watched the movie or tv show-